Greetings! We sincerely look forward to meeting when you make your first visit to our office!
It’s nothing to be nervous about, a visit to the orthodontist is the first step in achieving a perfect smile! Your first visit will be easy and consist of an exam and a conversation about the treatment options that are available to you or your child. It presents the perfect opportunity to get to know Dr. Cheron and the rest of our incredible staff.
As a patient-focused office, we understand that each patient is different, and that everybody has unique needs and expectations. This is why Dr. Cheron is dedicated to providing you with individualized treatment options tailored exactly to your specific needs and concerns. This initial visit is also the perfect opportunity for patients to ask questions and open the channels of communication. We firmly believe that better communication leads to better, more satisfying results.
Let’s Break Down the First Visit – What Should You Expect?
- Photos and radiographs taken of your teeth
- A thorough examination by Dr. Cheron to answer several questions:
- Is orthodontic treatment necessary?
- When should treatment be initiated?
- How long is treatment going to take?
- What will treatment cost (including reviewing insurance information and payment options)?
- What comes next?
- A presentation and detailed description of the issues or problems faced by the patient, and detailed explanations of the available options for treatment
- The initial exam typically take about one hour, and there is no charge!
If you are able, completing these PRIOR to your first visit will help immensely:
- Please print out and complete the Health History and Patient Consent forms and bring them with you on your first visit
- Provide us with your information regarding orthodontic insurance. The earlier we have the information the easier it is to narrow down your specific coverage and fill you in on your insurance benefits the day of your initial exam.
- If you have any x-rays, models, or other dental records please bring them with you.
- Jot down questions you have for the doctor as you think of them.
- If at all possible, have both parents attend the initial consultation for child patients.
We would once again like to welcome you to our office. We can’t wait to include you as part of the Cheron Orthodontics Family!